Monday, March 10, 2008

Old vs. new routing

Recently we rolled out our new route specific traffic feature on Vodafone 2222. The new feature detects your location and then prompts you to enter the first part of any UK postcode - it then provides you with a journey time and details of any traffic problems on your journey.

This new feature replaced the old route specific feature, where callers would hear details for the route which they had previously set up on the KeepMoving website. The rationale for this was that take-up for the old feature was rather low and the new one would have far broader appeal, which has proven to be the case.

We were very confident that the new feature would also appeal to users of the old one - we added a feature which remembers your previous destinations and then suggests them back to you, based on the time of day of the call.

However, we have registered 6 emails from callers who feel rather passionately about this change. As an interim solution, callers can dial 09003 444999, which is charged at 60p per minute - this has the old feature.

But what do you think? Let us know by posting your comments below or click our online poll to the right of this message.

The KeepMoving Team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The original option I thought was an excellent service and allowed me to access the exact information I needed on my daily commute.

With the new service I feel very little except fustration. This is compounded as I use a Blackberry which does not have the letters on the telphone keypad. Hence the new service is unusable.

Please bring back the old service!

Anonymous said...

There are bits of the old site that I miss. I see that Greg the trafficologist is still on the team, but is his blog still up and running ? You used to have some good debates on there. Also, I miss the little graphs of diurnal variation - yes I'm sad !!! - but it helped know whether you were having a particularly bad day !